In the five days that the MySpace Developer Platform has been live we've already had hundreds of cool applications published in the Apps Gallery. We really appreciate the hard work and talent going into your apps!
As you know, all applications must be reviewed by MySpace before they are published to the Apps Gallery and become available to MySpace members. We're gotten feedback that some of you have questions about or experienced difficulties with the approval process. Here are the issues we've heard about and what we're doing to address them:
- Some apps have been improperly marked as "Suspended" prior to being approved
- This was the result of an problem in our app approval flow that will be changed shortly. If your app is not approved it will be marked as "Changes Required" and you will have the ability to make changes and resubmit.
- Reasons for not approving an app were not clearly communicated
- We will be adding a "notes" field directly to the "MyApps" view of your applications, as well as making our emails clearer and more specific. Additionally, we'll be adding more detail to our Application Guidelines to clarify some questions that have arisen
- Apps remain "Pending"
longer than expected
- Tons of great apps have been submitted and we're reviewing around the clock! We are adding more staff as well as improving the efficiency of our review processes. We're also adding more status indicators to let you know what's going on
I hope these changes will address any questions or problems you may have had about getting your apps into the gallery. We're committed to providing both developers and end-users with a good experience, and the review process is an important part of growing a healthy ecosystem. Please keep the feedback coming so we make this process better for everyone.