Yesterday, for the first time, we detailed out the framework for all open initiatives at MySpace through a new blueprint called the ‘MySpace Open Platform.’ The primary components of the MySpace Open Platform include: (1) Application Platform, (2) MySpaceID (Formerly Data Availability), (3) Post-To MySpace.
Secondly, we announced two new MySpaceID (formerly Data Availability) global partners Vodafone and Netvibes—both of which are now building their implementations for MySpaceID. MySpaceID enables all global MySpace users to be in control of their social identity whenever they travel online. It allows users to:
- Connect MySpace profile data to partner sites (Now available)
- Find MySpace friends on a partner site (Now available)
- Register on partner sites using their MySpace URL
- Publish activities from partner sites to MySpace
- Syndicate activities on MySpace to partner sites
Lastly, we announced our support of Google Friend Connect as a component of MySpaceID. Google Friend Connect is a service that helps Website owners grow traffic by enabling any Website to easily provide social features. MySpace’s support
of Google Friend Connect extends the reach of MySpaceID, empowering MySpace to
better cater to the long tail of the development community.
MySpace Open Platform
MySpace Platform Technical Components