Greetings Developers! As we move forward on the platform and add new documentation, capabilities, and end-user features, we want to be SURE that you are heard, and that any issues are addressed in a timely manner. The following guidelines will significantly reduce wait time for you and will make it easier for us to assist you quickly and efficiently. As we’ve stated before, we want as many apps to go live as possible! This is a 2 way street, and we could not be successful without you!
The following list includes just a few posting guidelines to make things run smoother for all of us on the MySpace Development Platform. Please take these into consideration when posting.
· Read the BLOGS! These blogs contain great information. We post them for a reason, and many issues can be addressed by reading them.
· Read the FAQ. We are working on updating it, and realize some information may be out of date. In the meantime, it still has a lot of useful information.
· Subscribe to TWITTER: http://twitter.com/MySpaceDevTeam
Many major issues and fixes are posted here.
· Check out our IRC chatroom! We have folks that frequent IRC as well. Some may be available to answer immediate questions! http://developer.myspace.com/Community/forums/p/330/1168.aspx
· Search the forums before you create a new thread. Some of these issues have been addressed, and work-arounds have been posted. Creating a new thread just makes the forums more “BUZY” and it’s harder to weed through to find any NEW issues that may arise.
· Keep threads in their respective forums. We do have MS devs that frequent them regularly, looking for issues, addressing them and/or posting work-arounds. If your posts are all over topics that are not related to your issue, then we are delayed while finding them, and you are delayed in assisting your app to go LIVE.
· Do not DUPLICATE your posts across multiple forums. This does not address the issue any faster, and it makes it harder for us forum folks to weed through dupes to find other issues.
· If you are having a problem with a specific application, please post the APP ID or LINK. Many of you come to these forums, post, and then do not return for quite awhile. It’s hard to address specific issues; if we do not know specifically the application that is giving you trouble. Posting the application link or ID will significantly cut down your waiting time.
· Please keep advertising to the OFF TOPIC forums. We realize you want to promote, and that’s why we have the Brag and Boast, Meet and Greet, and Grab bag forums. Posting these things in other forums, again, makes it harder for us to track down the real issues.
You can always feel free to message us directly at if you feel your specific has not been addressed.
Thanks again, to everyone who participates in these forums. Our folks do love to play with your new creations, and we do! All the time! This is a very new and exciting time for MySpace! We love working with ya’ll and appreciate the hard work you put into these apps.
"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney